Free Iraqi

I was not living before the 9th of April and now I am, so let me speak!

Monday, January 03, 2005

An Explanation.

I owe my readers and many others an explanation. I used to post before at "Iraq The Model" blog and then I quit without offering a clear explanation for why I did that. First let me say that I was not hiding here. I did quit my original blog but I did not quit the struggle in anyway. I know I'm on the right side and my disagreement was not with America. I just wanted a break away from the noise that I have wrongly created and I was getting only few readers a day who never read me before. I was testing many things in this blog before I would try to offer an explanation and then start a new start. And as you can see I have changed the title of my blog, as I saw that it lead to unnecessary arguments between the left and right and this is not why I have created this blog. Anyway, few days ago Jeff Jarvis and Michael Totten linked to my blog, and then Instapundit linked to it too and I started getting thousands of visitors and most of them were regulars at ITM. I didn't expect that, as it's true what one of the readers said, that I haven't offered much yet. So I believe it's time I offer some clarity.I had some serious doubts about that trip to the US and did express them to my brothers. I saw that it was an unnecessary risk and I feared there would be more than just the harmless meetings with readers and donors. When I didn't get answers that calm these doubts I decided not to go. As I was sitting here behind my computer watching the reactions to my brothers' visit, my doubts grew stronger. I believe that they were exposed to a great risk and despite we were promised that there would be no major media, I got a mail from a journalist in the Washington Post asking about the meeting with (POTUS). After that mail, I decided to quit.My brothers were not as concerned as I was and thought that western media is hardly read by terrorists or fanatics. However, few days ago a friend of ours came to our house telling us that he read about the visit and the meeting with Bush in "Al Sharq Al Awsat" a widely distributed Arabic newspaper that reaches most Arab countries if not all. They had the news through the Washington Post and this was not strange to me, as it's a common thing that Arabic newspapers and Satellite TV channels discuss western media regularly. It's one thing to risk your life for doing what you believe in and serving your country and humanity and it's totally another thing to risk your life just to meet (POTUS).So I did not quit because of any distrust of America's plans in Iraq, I was not treated badly by any American, I have no problem with any right-wing blog and I never had any problem in dealing with extreme left blogs. I and my brothers have only some disagreement on few points. I had a different feeling about the trip and was more skeptic than them. Now I see that I have overreacted and I had to be more patient. I say that despite that I was right about the unecessary dangers that may come from such a trip, because my reaction created many speculations among our readers that could've been avoided had I not post such obscure message. My brothers seem to have done what they were comfortable with and they say that no one put any pressure of any kind on them.I want to apologize for the mess I created. That post was probably the most stupid thing I've ever done in my life (and I've done so many stupid things before). I had no right in throwing accusations without specifying whom I meant and without providing any evidence and that caused many innocent people a lot of harm. I don't know if I can be forgiven for that, as I haven't forgiven myself, but I will continue to post on this blog and share my views and opinions with anyone that care to listen. I believe in free and democratic Iraq and I believe in America, the coalition and all those who are helping us.Again, I'm so sorry.