Free Iraqi

I was not living before the 9th of April and now I am, so let me speak!

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Help!

The pictures and news about Tsunami earthquake are just horrific. The numbers of the victims that keep rising terribly every minute, watching people die in masses on TV just like that, and the children…It's so sad and crushing.I started saying to myself that this shouldn't happen, not this way! I read somewhere on the Internet some one saying that if such a disaster had happened in America, the death toll wouldn't have been more than 5 or 6. Such statement is far from being reasonable but it does bear a lot of truth in that the numbers would've been much less, not only in America but in any advanced country. The rescue procedures, the degree of government's activities to help and contain the damages, the experience in dealing with such tragedies, the health care and lots of other parameters are hugely less in most of those unfortunate areas than in the advanced world.What made me feel worse is that I can't from my place here do anything to help. I can't even donate through the Internet. We keep asking the world to help us in Iraq and our sufferings have indeed made some of us more selfish and demanding, but on the other hands many of us have come to feel for the others around the world and their sufferings more than before. All I can do is urge you, the visitors of this blog to donate to these poor victims with whatever you can spare if you haven't already. You can donate here . It's needless to say that every penny you donate will definitely help in rescuing a human soul.Update: Here's a link to the Thai Red Cross where your donations would go faster to those in need.