Free Iraqi

I was not living before the 9th of April and now I am, so let me speak!

Sunday, January 30, 2005

I'm about to go to the voting center to cast my vote and I thought I should post few words to thank all my friends, the readers of this blog for their support and love for me, my brothers and all Iraqis. There was some fire exchange early this morning and American helicopters were patroling the sky above my head but now it seems quite. I turned on TV to see if there was any coverage but no Arab channel is reporting yet.Al Sharqyia is broadcasting live from a voting center obviously in the Green Zone where Ghazi Al Yawi voted and gave a short speech to the reporters there. He wasn't the first one to cast his vote as Al Sharqyia reporter expected which actually was better in my mind. He's just an Iraqi like all of us and there's no need to give him such a priviliage.I hope I'll be able to post after voting and I'll keep you updated. Thanks again for your care and may God bless you all and give you a hundred times what you have gave Iraq. I know it seems impossible when it comes to those who lost their beloved ones but I hope they know that their sacrifices were not in vain and that they gave humanity the most precious thing a man has, his life.I fear only one thing and that is that only small percentage of Iraqis vote. I hope and expect the opposite but as I said before everyone has been speaking on behalf of Iraqis for a long time and therfore it's very difficult to tell what they are going to do. I trust that my people want freedom and democracy but I fear that it's the difficult security that may keep them inside their houses. This is all my concerns now about the elections and I hope that the majority of Iraqis overcome their fears and say their word, and then all the reporters, experts, activists and politicians can do is listen.